Terms & ConditionsThis MAILBOX Service Agreement ("Agreement") is made and entered into by the customer identified above ("CUSTOMER") for the use of and services related to a mailbox (the "MAILBOX") at 320 Post Road, Suite 180 in Darien, Connecticut owned and operated by Maven Marketing, LLC DBA HAYVN, hereinafter referred to as (“HAYVN”) under the terms set forth herein and governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut
1. CUSTOMER agrees that CUSTOMER will not use HAYVN premises or any HAYVN services for any unlawful, illegitimate or fraudulent purpose or for any purpose prohibited by U.S. Postal regulations. CUSTOMER further agrees that any use of the MAILBOX shall be in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Each individual or entity must complete a separate U.S. Postal Service Form 1583 ("Form 1583") to be authorized to receive mail or packages at the MAILBOX. However, spouses may complete one Form 1583, as long as both spouses include their separate information on the Form.
2. This AGREEMENT and Form 1583 shall remain confidential, except that this AGREEMENT and Form 1583 may be disclosed upon written request of any law enforcement or other governmental agency, or when legally mandated. Upon request, CUSTOMER agrees to complete all necessary documents, including Form 1583 and any required acknowledgment form relating to service of process. CUSTOMER further agrees to sign an updated version of this AGREEMENT and Form 1583 upon request.
3. Possession of the MAILBOX username and password shall be considered valid evidence that the possessor is duly authorized to remove any contents from the MAILBOX. In the event of death or incapacity of the CUSTOMER, HAYVN will require the appropriate documents from the Probate Court, the executor of the estate, the trustee or other similar person or entity before releasing mail or packages to a requesting party.
4. CUSTOMER agrees to pay a non-refundable security deposit of $25.00, as well as applicable monthly service fees. The security deposit is not refundable upon expiration, cancellation or termination of this AGREEMENT. MAILBOX service fees are all due and payable in advance and CUSTOMER agrees that HAYVN may hold mail and packages pending payment. There will be no pro-rations or refunds for cancellation of any service. CUSTOMER agrees to pay a late fee of $25.00 if any payment is not received within five (5) days of when due. MAILBOX service fees and other related fees stated herein are subject to change. In the event that CUSTOMER receives an unreasonable volume of mail or packages at the MAILBOX according to the HAYVN’s reasonable judgment, HAYVN may require CUSTOMER to upgrade to a larger size MAILBOX and/or pay any additional charges. HAYVN reserves the right to increase the MAILBOX service fees in the event that CUSTOMER adds additional individuals or entities to the names of those individuals or entities authorized to receive mail and packages at the MAILBOX pursuant to Form 1583.
5. Upon expiration, cancellation or termination of this AGREEMENT, HAYVN will:
a. Re-mail (i.e., forward) CUSTOMER's mail for six (6) months, provided CUSTOMER pays the postage, packaging material, and forwarding fees in advance. Additionally, CUSTOMER must pay a monthly storage fee of $10.00 for month 1, and to be determined for months 2 through 6 in advance for the time period that mail is to be forwarded. It is the CUSTOMER's responsibility to make arrangements with HAYVN to identify any mail forwarding needs prior to the expiration, cancellation or termination of this AGREEMENT.
b. Store the mail or packages for up to six (6) months provided CUSTOMER pays a storage fee of $20.00 per month for the time period in which HAYVN holds the mail or package(s), plus a service fee of to be determined for each time CUSTOMER visits HAYVN to pick up such items. It is the CUSTOMER's responsibility to make arrangements with HAYVN to identify any mail storage needs prior to the expiration, cancellation or termination of this AGREEMENT.
c. Retain CUSTOMER's mail, other than Unsolicited Mail, at the Center for a period of ten (10) days, if the customer leaves no forwarding fees and forwarding address. After such time, any mail or package may be discarded or destroyed.
d. Discard or destroy any "Unsolicited Mail" (e.g., bulk mail; mail addressed as "occupant," "current resident" or similar designation; or coupons, advertising or other promotional material) delivered to or remaining at HAYVN.
e. Refuse any package addressed to CUSTOMER delivered by any party other than the U.S. Postal Service, such as a commercial courier service.
6. Upon cancellation or termination of this AGREEMENT, HAYVN may:
a. Refuse any mail or package addressed to the CUSTOMER and delivered to HAYVN.
b. Discard or destroy any of the CUSTOMER's mail or packages delivered to or remaining at HAYVN at such time.
7. The term of this AGREEMENT shall be the initial period paid for by CUSTOMER and any renewal period paid for by CUSTOMER from time to time. Renewal of this AGREEMENT for additional terms shall be at HAYVN’s sole discretion .
8. CUSTOMER agrees that HAYVN may terminate or cancel this AGREEMENT for any reason at any time by providing CUSTOMER thirty (30) days written notice. In addition, Customer agrees that HAYVN may immediately terminate or cancel this Agreement for good cause without advance written notice. Good cause shall include, but is not limited to: 1) CUSTOMER abandons the MAILBOX; 2) CUSTOMER uses the MAILBOX for unlawful, illegitimate or fraudulent purposes; 3) CUSTOMER fails to pay monies owed when due; 4) CUSTOMER receives an unreasonable volume of mail or packages; 5) CUSTOMER engages in offensive, abusive or disruptive behavior toward other customers of HAYVN or HAYVN's employees; and 6) CUSTOMER violates any provision of this AGREEMENT or the Membership Agreement. CUSTOMER acknowledges that, for the purpose of determining good cause for termination of this AGREEMENT as provided herein, the actions of any person authorized by CUSTOMER to use the MAILBOX will be attributed to CUSTOMER.
9. Any written notice to CUSTOMER required or permitted under this AGREEMENT shall be deemed delivered twenty-four (24) hours after placement of such notice in the CUSTOMER's MAILBOX or at the time personally delivered to CUSTOMER. In the event of a termination notice, based upon abandonment of the MAILBOX, notice shall be deemed delivered (a) on the next day after placing in the hands of a commercial courier service or the United States Postal Service for next day delivery, or (b) five (5) days after placement in the United States Mail by Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested, postage prepaid, and addressed to CUSTOMER at CUSTOMER's address as set forth in Form 1583, or on the date of actual receipt, whichever is earlier.
10. As CUSTOMER's authorized agent for receipt of mail, HAYVN will accept all mail, including registered, insured and certified items. Unless prior arrangements have been made, HAYVN shall only be obligated to accept mail, or packages delivered by commercial courier services which require a signature from HAYVN as a condition of delivery. CUSTOMER must accept and sign for all mail and packages upon the request of HAYVN. Packages not picked up within seven days of notification will be subject to a storage fee of $3.00 per day per package, which must be paid before CUSTOMER receives the package. In the event CUSTOMER refuses to accept any mail or package, HAYVN may return the mail or package to the sender and the CUSTOMER will be responsible for any postage or other fees associated with such return. C.O.D. items will be accepted ONLY if prior arrangements have been made and payment in advance is provided to HAYVN.
11. CUSTOMER agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless HAYVN, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, franchisees, officers, directors, agents and employees from and against any and all losses, damages, expenses, claims, demands, liabilities, judgments, settlement amounts, costs and causes of action of every type and character arising out of or in connection with the use or possession of the MAILBOX, including without limitation, any demands, claims and causes of action for personal injury or property damage arising from or related to such use or possession, from failure of the U.S. Postal Service or any commercial courier service to deliver on time or otherwise deliver any items (mail, packages, etc.), from damage to or loss of any package or mail, or to the MAILBOX contents by any cause whatsoever, and from any violation by CUSTOMER of applicable federal, state or local laws.
12. CUSTOMER HEREIN AGREES THAT THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF LIABILITY OF HAYVN, IF ANY, FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.00 REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF THE CLAIM.
In addition, HAYVN will be excused from the performance of its obligations under this Agreement to the extent that such performance is prevented by force majeure (defined below) and will promptly provide notice of such prevention to the Customer. Such excuse will be continued so long as the condition constituting force majeure continues. HAYVN will notify the CUSTOMER of the anticipated duration of such force majeure, any actions being taken to avoid or minimize its effect after such occurrence, and will take reasonable efforts to remove the condition constituting such force majeure. For purposes of this Agreement, “force majeure” will include conditions beyond the control of HAYVN, including an act of God, acts of terrorism, voluntary or involuntary compliance with any regulation, law or order of any government, war, acts of war (whether war be declared or not), labor strike or lock-out, civil commotion, epidemic, pandemic, failure or default of public utilities or common carriers, destruction of production facilities or materials by fire, earthquake, storm or like catastrophe. The payment of invoices due and owing hereunder will in no event be delayed by the Customer because of a force majeure affecting the Customer.
13. CUSTOMER must use the exact mailing address for the MAILBOX without modification as set forth in Section three (3) of Form 1583. HAYVN will make commercially reasonable efforts to deliver CUSTOMER’S mail; however, the Postal Service may return mail without a proper address to the sender endorsed "Undeliverable as Addressed."
14. Delivery by commercial courier services must be made to HAYVN street address only (and not to a P.O. Box). Upon signing this AGREEMENT, CUSTOMER shall provide two forms of valid identification, one of which shall include a photograph. This AGREEMENT may amended or modified from time to time by HAYVN; HAYVN will notify CUSTOMER of amendments or modifications in writing.
15. HAYVN reserves the right to open and inspect any packages or mail which may arrive damaged or that may be otherwise of questionable integrity or legality.
16. By agreeing below I forfeit all right to bring a suit against HAYVN for any reason. In return, I will receive the MAILBOX and related services. I will also make every effort to obey U.S. law and the laws of the State of Connecticut, as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.
17. The CUSTOMER shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and its respective officers, directors, agents and employees from any and all claims, demands, losses, causes of action, damage, lawsuits, judgments, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of, or relating to, the HAYVN services under this AGREEMENT.
18. This AGREEMENT, and any accompanying appendices, duplicates, or copies, constitute the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this AGREEMENT, and supersedes all prior negotiations, agreements, representations, and understandings of any kind, whether written or oral, between the Parties, preceding the date of this AGREEMENT.
19. This AGREEMENT may be amended from time to time by HAYVN by written notification to the Customer (email is acceptable).
20. If any provision or provisions of this AGREEMENT shall be held unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be modified to reflect the parties’ intention. All remaining provisions of this AGREEMENT shall remain in full force and effect for the duration of this AGREEMENT.
21. This AGREEMENT shall not be assigned by either party without the express consent of the other party.
22. A failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege in respect of this AGREEMENT will not be presumed to operate as a waiver, and a single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege will not be presumed to preclude any subsequent or further exercise, of that right, power or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
23. This AGREEMENT is be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut without reference to any principles of conflicts of laws, which might cause the application of the laws of another State Admitted to the Union (the “United States of America”, or the “Union”).
24. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall supersede the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) and all other United Nations laws.
25. Any action instituted by either party arising out of this AGREEMENT will only be brought, tried and resolved in the applicable federal or state courts having jurisdiction in the State of Connecticut. EACH PARTY HEREBY CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF COURTS HAVING JURISDICTION IN THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT. THE PARTIES FURTHER AGREE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM, COUNTERCLAIM OR ACTION ARISING FROM THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
By checking the box, you accept this AGREEMENT on the date stated in the introductory clause.